2017 CROSS COUNTRY RUNNERS
Get ready for the new Cross Country season. For 4th – 8th grade boys and girls either attending St. Rose, or registered in the parish. The meets will be true cross country events running up and down hills; through woods and fields and be about 1.5 miles in length. We’ll run in a large Invitational, smaller league meets, and a 5K. The objective is to learn the sport, have fun, and get faster. It’s very cool being a long distance runner (also very healthy!)
Kick off meeting (not mandatory as summer is still in full swing) – at St. Rose on corner of Green Street on Monday, Aug. 21st 5:30 for high level plans for new season and questions and forms. Feedback is always welcome!
Need forms and $$$– on website.
Practices will be at HHHS track and Cannon Park, Maria Barnaby Greenwald Park (Haddonfield), and Timber Creek Park (Gloucester Township) – looking to keep things fresh.
St. Rose Cross Country schedule for next two weeks.
- Thursday, August 31st – 5:30 – 6:30 - Practice at Pennypacker Park (aka Maria Barnaby Greenwald Memorial Park) in Haddonfield on Park Blvd.
- Monday, September 4th – Labor Day – no practice – run on your own
- Thursday, September 7th – no practice – run on your own
- Monday, September 11th – 5:45 – 6:30 – Practice at Haddon Heights High School track
- Thursday, September 14th – 5:45 – 6:30 – Practice at Cannon Park, Haddon Heights
- Saturday, September 16th – Saturday early morning – First Meet – South Jersey Shootout
My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell number is 856.986.6136.
So start running!!! The road is calling.
· I’ll follow up with practice schedule starting Monday, September 11th. In the meantime, please runon your own. See if you can find new, inexpensive cross country sneakers. Hand in all forms.
Encourage running on their own – tell them Coach Walter says that they have to.