2017 CROSS COUNTRY RUNNERS
Get ready for the new Cross Country season. For 4th – 8th grade boys and girls either attending St. Rose, or registered in the parish. The meets will be true cross country events running up and down hills; through woods and fields and be about 1.5 miles in length. We’ll run in a large Invitational, smaller league meets, and a 5K. The objective is to learn the sport, have fun, and get faster. It’s very cool being a long distance runner (also very healthy!)
Kick off meeting (not mandatory as summer is still in full swing) – at St. Rose on corner of Green Street on Monday, Aug. 21st 5:30 for high level plans for new season and questions and forms. Feedback is always welcome!
Need forms and $$$– on website.
Practices will be at HHHS track and Cannon Park, Maria Barnaby Greenwald Park (Haddonfield), and Timber Creek Park (Gloucester Township) – looking to keep things fresh.
Still working on schedule – however the first meet would be the South Jersey Shootout on Saturday morning, Sept. 16th, possibly another meet – 6 Flags Sept. 30th. There will be league meets, and a league championship in there. We’ll do the Hero to Hero 5K in Gloucester, NJ on Saturday, Oct. 14th.
My email address is email@example.com and my cell number is 856.986.6136.
So start running!!! The road is calling.
· First meeting is Monday, August 21st at 5:30 at St. Rose in the Rose Garden. Informational meeting.
· We’ll have a practice on Thursday, August 24th at 5:30 – 6:30 at Cannon Park in Haddon Heights.
· For the following week, we’ll have a practice on Monday, August 28th at 5:30 – 6:30 at Audubon Lake
· Also practice on Thursday, August 31st at 5:30 – 6:30 at Pennypacker Park in Haddonfield – meet by
the parking area on Park Blvd.
· The following week, September 4th (Labor day) through the 8th I’ll be on Block Island training for
a 15K run that I will run very slowly. So no practice that week.
· I’ll follow up with practice schedule starting Monday, September 11th. In the meantime, please run
on your own. See if you can find new, inexpensive cross country sneakers. Hand in all forms.
Encourage running on their own – tell them Coach Walter says that they have to.
· First meet will be on Saturday, September 16th – the South Jersey Shootout. Meets are 1.5 miles.